Or just read it here….
Managing Stress Resource Kit
Choose Joyful Health Lifestyle
1) Simple choices make a difference.
2) Every moment I have a choice! It is up to me.
3) In this moment, I choose joy and I choose health.
4) Thank you, I receive ______. (Practice gratitude)
Joyful Health Top Seven Free Stress Busters (and how to do them in real life!)
Stand up and Move
When you answer the phone
Before something important
When you feel stuck
Wear comfortable shoes
Walk and talk meetings
Outside of work, do something you like. (get dressed for it)
Cardio is the magic pill for body mind spirit health.
Take Three Breaths
Before you drive or When you get somewhere (in the car)
Before you eat
While you are walking to the bathroom, going to the bathroom or washing your hands
It’s always a good idea!
Bonus – Use finger digits for counting rhythm.
When you wake up
In the car, with a straw
Carry a bottle, Add fruit
Use glass or metal bottles.
Don’t drink your calories (except milk/smoothies/soup).
Make it a habit to always order water at restaurant.
Play the Joyful Health Drinking Game! (Drink water when around negative people)
Communicate with Care
Monitor your speech (to self and others) – ask someone to help you.
Slow down and listen
Give sincere compliments
Offer a handshake, a pat on the back, eye contact and smiles
What can I do to make your day better?
Manage your stress and help other people do it too.
Be kinder than necessary because you never know what burden people are carrying.
Play peaceful, beautiful music
LOVE IS THE ANSWER!
Take a Phone BREAK
Turn it OFF! and/or use Do Not Disturb
When you go to sleep (2 hours before you go to sleep)
While driving, lock it in the trunk
When you are listening
When you go into someone else’s home
When you are home and all your loved ones are safe
While you eat
Change your settings for beeps, red flags (!), and notifications
THIS IS ABOUT BOUNDARIES!!!
Be a Nutritarian
Eat five one-half cup servings of vegetables
Vegetables at breakfast (make ahead smoothie pac or veggie muffins)
*If you are not hungry at breakfast take it with you.
Chopped raw vegetables in ziploc bags
Order double side of vegetables for at least one meal
Ask someone at work to help you do it
Anchor Your Habits
1) Practice creating positive emotion when you are not stressed, when you are safe. “Go to your happy place.”
2) Create an anchor to match your positive emotion. Anything that can be repeated easily and often in public.
3) Practice the anchor with your positive emotion/positive feeling and wire the two together in your brain, body, breath, and belief system.
4) Teach this to someone else and ask them to help you do it.
5) Anchor new habits to existing ones (example, stand up when you answer the phone.)
I have many more great tips and tools to make healthy choices easy and fun.
Would you like more help with your health and wellness goals?
I’m available to help you with wellness coaching, yoga therapy, guided meditation, and
personal training. I can also help your business with managing stress at work.
Please contact me and let me know how I can help you!
(864) 561-5925 and firstname.lastname@example.org