You know what it feels like when you have a good food week…you feel energetic, light, like your meals are fueling you to do what matters.
You know how to make healthy food choices, and you do OK most of the time. And you know you could really eat well if you only worked part-time, or had a shorter commute…and had time to prepare and enjoy homemade meals in mindful bliss like the women on YouTube….and never ate in your car, at your computer, or in a hurry…
But that’s not your real life!! You want to fit in meaningful work, relationships, rest, and fun. Sometimes you sacrifice sleep to fit it all in, and sometimes your number of not-so-good meals creeps higher than you’d like.
You’ve got to find a way to make healthy eating non-negotiable during this very real, very full life – and you’re not hiring a full-time chef or moving off the grid to grow all your own food anytime soon. You’d like to set your food standards higher so that you can tip the balance towards the right choices and minimize the not-so-good ones.
Maybe you’ve gained weight, and lost, and found it again. You know how to lose weight when you’re “being good/eating right/on the diet,” but you haven’t yet found the balanced approach that you can actually do forever.
Or maybe your weight is OK, but you just don’t feel as good as you’d like, and that feeling has been around too long.
You can’t outrun a bad diet.
Food, sleep, and exercise are the top three ingredients for health.
In a given week, you might exercise, or you might not, and your sleep habits may vary with work, family and stress. No matter what, you’re going to eat!
Imagine what it would feel like to be at your best, for your food choices to become so simple and habitual, that you can’t help but feel better. And even when you are busy, or decide to indulge, or are just not up for Doing Your Self-Care, your crazy week and your lazy week are still way better than now. You’d have raised the bar on your food choices and raised the bar in your life.
And imagine not having three sizes in your closet just in case. Knowing that you are choosing foods you can eat for the rest of your life, and wear your favorite clothes, and still take your clients and your friends out to dinner.
My favorite part was learning about all the crap in food!! And being more conscious of feeding my body with the good stuff.
I love that Joan understands we all have a lot of pressures and issues in our day to day lives, and she tries to give us actionable information that is realistic to apply. At the same time, she conveys a sense of urgency about what we really need to get right — or else!
Changing your eating habits is the fast track to:
Overall health, vitality, energy
Healthy weight and body composition;
Feeling good and looking good! (shape, skin, hair, nails)
That part is for sure.
You might be wondering:
- Is Paleo really a good thing?
- What is a balanced diet these days?
- What is the big deal about gluten and grains?
- Which oils should I be using for cooking?
- Is sugar evil?
- What is the anti-inflammatory diet?
- Should I spend the extra money for organic eggs, or is free range good enough?
- I know eating fish is good, but what about the mercury?
- When is it OK to use “moderation in all things,” and when should I “just say no”?
- Can I eat well and still have a life?
I can help you. Five Star Eating answers all those questions and more. I can help you learn What to Eat and How to Eat, so that your food choices are simple and straightforward. You can make good choices at home, at a restaurant, and at someone else’s house. You don’t have to write anything down, count calories or carbs, or wonder if a certain food is good or bad.
It doesn’t matter if you love to cook or you just cook because you have to eat.
This will work.
Five Star Eating will help you change your habits, lose fat, feel lighter and sleeker, and improve your overall health.
I’ve condensed over 10 years of reading, research, cooking experiments, cooking disasters, consultations with dieticians and doctors, and many hours pouring through PubMed scientific journals into Three Core Values and Five Very Simple Steps. Once you understand the values and practice the steps, you can adapt them in your own life.
Five Star Eating is based on three core values –
Quality (that’s what to eat)
Attention (that’s how to eat)
Nature (choose foods close to their natural state)
Step 1: Choose Nutrient-Dense Foods
Step 2: Eat Real Food (and stop eating crap)
Step 3: Stop the Sugar
Step 4: Reduce Inflammation
Step 5: Seek the Source (know where your food comes from)
It’s a simple way of choosing what and how you eat that’s based on solid science that’s been around a long time. It’s common sense and not tied to any new fads or dogmatic philosophy.
It’s worked for me, and it’s worked for my clients.
I am more aware what I eat, I am reading labels, shopping has become easier because I know what’s good for me. I am eating at least 2-1/2 cups of fresh veggies and it feels good! I’m eliminating sugar.
Who am I to tell you what to eat?
I’m a fitness professional who found out which foods helped my own health and got results for my clients – through study, consultations with registered dieticians and medical doctors, and trial and error. My purpose/mission is a lifelong quest for health and vibrance and balance. It has taken me over ten years to learn and apply the steps I’m going to teach you in five weeks. I’m really passionate about food quality and food policy. I spend a lot of my time reading and researching food, so that you don’t have to, and to make your life easier.
I also found out that I could take my clients only so far with exercise. The clients who had the most success with losing fat, changing shape, and getting rid of pain also addressed food, sleep and stress. My clients have achieved smaller circumferences in waist, arms, hips and thighs, better sleep, more energy, and decreased cravings for sugar. They tell me that they feel they can do this for the rest of their lives. It’s not a diet; it’s just making informed choices every day.
I made this course for my clients and students. I hope you’ll be a new one. You can find out more about me and read my professional credentials here.
Here’s what this e-course will help you do:
- Identify quality food choices based on long-term science, common sense, and principles of nature.
- Pay attention and make the best choice you can, where you are, with what you’ve got, at the present moment.
- Set and uphold personal food quality standards.
- Know when to be picky and when to let it go.
- Steer clear of today’s hyped diets and just eat real food.
- Eliminate the need for shakes, powders, pills, or other expensive “food merchandise.”
- Achieve and maintain a healthy body weight, composition and shape.
- Focus on eating Quality, Nutrient-Dense, Real Food that nourishes and sustains your health.
- Live your life fully as you choose foods that help you be your best.
Each week, you’ll receive one Simple Action Step, which includes:
- Short video of key points
- Simple Science behind each week’s key food principle
- Strategies for Success – Practical ideas for how to actually do it
- Mind What Matters – Strategies for paying attention to how you eat
- SIMPLE, easy recipes that you can make ahead and make quickly
- Resources for learning more (if you want to)
- Five Weeks of Focus on Making these Habits STICK!
- Special “Save Our Sauce” recipes and tips from Chef Robin Millington of Robino’s Food Truck!
- Food Prep for Busy People
- Pantry Purge guidance on what to throw out
- Real Food Snacks – What to eat when your next meal is not ready yet
- Good for You Treats
- Travel Well – Strategies for making the best choices away from home
- Communicating about Food Choices (while being polite and pleasant)
Here’s what you’ve got to put in:
- Time – Like everything worthwhile, eating well takes time. You’ll need to read the materials or listen to the videos to get the big idea. That will take 10-15 minutes. And you’ll need to spend about 1-2 hours shopping, prepping and cooking. You can invest a lot more time than that if you like, but you will also succeed if you get the big picture for each week and work on it little by little.
- Money – This course is very affordable right now. Make an $125 investment. Prioritize your health, your food, your energy, and your life, and invest that money today in doing what matters!
Let’s do this!
Sign up NOW and have your
Five Star Eating E-Course for only $125!
Not ready yet? Not sure if this will help you? It’s not for everyone. I want you to feel good about your choice.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Still not up for the e-course? No problem! You can still get a FREE guide to Eating Well and a Healthy Shopping List by signing up for my newsletter. Let’s stay in touch, and maybe I can help you later.
A percentage of all Five Star Eating sales supports the health of our planet and all her creatures, great and small.
I lost four pounds and two inches. My knees feel better. I feel healthier & I feel full after my meals.